TERMS OF SERVICE
Last updated February 2, 2022
Terms of Service for SiMPLIdeas.org
Who We Are? We are a Platform designed for the social communications and development of Ideas and Intellectual Property and their commercialization in the marketplace. This Platform is owned by Blueprints Lab, LLC, a Texas Limited Liability Company (LLC) or its assigns (e.g. SiMPL Ideas), also referred to herein as “we”, “our”, “us”, Website, system, APIs, apps, “Platform”, “Services”, “Blueprints” or “BPL.”
We serve our Members of the Platform. All other persons who access this Platform by permission of Members are called “Guests.” For example, a Member might be a “University”, the “Armed Forces”, an “Inventor”, a “Prime Contractor”, an Individual or Organization or whomever we designate by agreement as Users of the Platform.
Scope and Intent
If you do not want to register an account and become a Member, do not enter into this Agreement, do NOT click “Join ” and do not access, view, download or otherwise use the Platform, Website(s), app(s), API(s), information, products, services, or Services.
Applicable laws and this Agreement
- You will follow the rules set out by Blueprints and this Platform and agree to the law of the State of Texas (“Law”), also as jurisdiction, without conflict of laws for any claim by you.
- You must comply with all applicable laws and this Agreement, as may be amended from time to time with or without advance notice electronically or in writing.
License and warranty for your submissions to the Platform
- You shall follow the law and our rules.
- You may own the information you post on this Platform under this Agreement but once shared you give us, subject to MNDA (if any), irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, assignable, sub-licensable, royalty-free right to use, to copy, prepare derivative works of, improve, distribute, publish, remove, retain, add, process, analyze, use and commercialize, in any way now known or in the future discovered, any information you provide, directly or indirectly to us, including, but not limited to, any User-generated content, ideas, concepts, techniques and/or data to the Services, you submit or assign rights to the Platform, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or to any third parties.
- Any information you submit to us is at your own risk of loss. By providing information to us, you represent and warrant that you are entitled to submit the information and that the information is accurate, not confidential for which you cannot release, and not in violation of any contractual restrictions, or copyrights, or other third-party rights.
- It is your responsibility to keep your User profile information accurate and updated.
You are eligible to enter into this Agreement if you meet the following criteria:
- Are not currently restricted from the Services, or not otherwise prohibited from having an account as determined by Law, Users, or us.
- Are not a competitor of this Platform or are not using the Services for reasons that are in competition with us.
- Will not use a false name or seek to defraud others on the Platform.
- Have full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party to.
- Will not violate any rights of the Platform, Blueprints, Users, or any third party, including intellectual property rights such as patent, copyright, or trademark rights.
- Agree to provide at your cost or expense all equipment, software, mobile access, and internet access necessary to use the Services.
- The information you provide is truthful and not intended misrepresent or defraud any User.
- You are not a terrorist as defined by any government or common law understanding.
- You support the U.S. Constitution as written, or interpreted by the U.S. Supreme Court, or a court of competent jurisdiction.
Participation on this Platform, the Services, or Platform connections.
- The Platform and/or Blueprints reserves the right to refuse participation to any organization, including nonprofits, and schools at any time in its sole discretion or as arbitrator of these matters.
- By using the Services and creating an idea, invention, prototype, product, service, community, a collaboration, or a company you represent and warrant that you: 1) have the right to enter into and perform this Agreement with us including, but not limited to, the consent of the idea, invention, prototype, product, service, community, collaboration, or company to use its name and/or logo, and 2) that the information submitted is true, complete, and current to the best of your understanding.
- By participating in the Services, you grant Platform and Blueprints (us, we, our) a worldwide right to: 1) display your listing anywhere on our Platform, unless we have agreed in writing otherwise; 2) promote your organization as part of the Services online, in print and any other form of media; and 3) display your trademark, logo, slogans and other source or business identifiers as you provide to us in promotion of your organization. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for said right.
- We grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license during your participation in the Services to use the Services names and logos on your website, in print and in other forms of media.
- You may terminate your relationship with us and our right to use your name and logo at any time by giving written notice and we will cease all such use within a commercially reasonable time. You indemnify us of any internet link we cannot control. We acknowledge that you retain all right, title, and interest in and to your name and logo and reserve all rights not expressly granted.
- We may terminate this Agreement, you as a User, or remove your listing from the Platform or Services at any time for any reason. Upon receipt of written notice of termination from us, you must promptly remove the logo and disable the links from your site to the Services.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Platform and Blueprints shall not be liable for any payment for the information provided to us, unless we otherwise agree in writing before it is posted.
- Each Source or Member may have one or more individuals who are responsible for overseeing the use of and monitoring of the content posted.
- From time to time, Members may be asked to confirm their account on the Platform or its Services.
- If such an account is not reconfirmed, the account may be removed. Once a Member is removed from a Platform, the content of that User remains on the Community and is the useful property of the Source, Platform, or Service unless we might otherwise agree.
- Administrators or designated Members by the Source, or the Platform may delete the User Content of one or more Users without recourse.
- We, may add or remove Users at our sole discretion.
Notification of acts contrary to this Agreement
If you think you have to breach this Agreement, you will let us know once aware. If you believe that you are entitled or obligated to act contrary to this Agreement under any mandatory law, you agree to provide us with detailed and substantiated explanation of your reasons in writing at least 30 days before you act contrary to this Agreement, to allow us to assess whether we may, at our sole discretion, provide an alternative remedy for the situation, though we are under no obligation to do so.
User-to-User Communication and Sharing
When you share information, others can see, copy, and use that information. The Platform allows Users to post your observations and comments on designated topics. The Platform may also enable sharing of information by allowing users to post updates, including links to news articles and/or external websites. We, in our sole discretion, may remove content if the content violates this Agreement or others’ intellectual property rights. Please note that in your posts and information you share may be seen and used by other Users, and we cannot guarantee that other Users will not use the ideas and information that you share on the Platform, subject to an MNDA – you accept this risk. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential or don’t want others to use, or that is subject to third-party rights that may be infringed by your sharing it, do not post it to anywhere on the Platform or our Services. YOU AGREE WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANOTHER’S MISUSE OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU POST ON THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES.
Your use of the Platform and the Services is subject to export and re-export control laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) maintained by the United States Department of Commerce and sanctions programs maintained by the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control. You shall not – directly or indirectly – sell, export, re-export, transfer, divert, or otherwise dispose of any software or service to any end-user without obtaining the required authorizations from the appropriate government authorities. You also warrant that you are not prohibited from receiving US origin products, including services or software. You agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from your violation of Export Control.
Contributions to Us
By submitting ideas, suggestions, (“Contributions”) to us, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information outside our MNDA if using SiMPLPlatform.com.
We may translate these Terms into other languages for your convenience. Nevertheless, the English version governs your relationship with us, and any inconsistencies among the different versions will be resolved in favor of the English version.
Our Rights and Obligations
We may change or discontinue Services, and in such case, we do not promise to keep showing or storing your information and materials. For as long as we continue to offer the Services, we may provide and seek to update, improve, and expand the Services. As a result, we allow you to access the Platform as it may exist “as is” and be available on any given day and we have no other obligations, except as expressly stated in this Agreement. We may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend, or discontinue the Platform, Services, or Applications partially or entirely, for all or part of the Services for you or for all our Users in our sole discretion. All of these changes shall be effective upon their posting on the Platform or by direct communication or notice on the Platform to you unless otherwise noted. We reserve the right to withhold, remove, or discard any content available as part of your account, with or without notice if deemed by us (solely) to be contrary to this Agreement. For avoidance of doubt, we have NO obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content that you or other Users provide when using the Services.
Disclosure of User Information
Interactions with other Users
We have the right to limit the connections and interactions on the Service. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. We may limit the number of connections you may have to other Users and may, in certain circumstances, prohibit you from contacting other Users through use of the Services or otherwise limit your use of the Services. We reserve the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users and to restrict, suspend, or close your account if we determine, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary to enforce this Agreement.
Intellectual Property Notices
The Services includes the copyrights and other Intellectual property rights of us and except for the limited license granted to you and we reserve all of our intellectual property rights in the Services. SiMPL™, our logos and other trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the Platform are trademarks in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and logos used in connection with the Platform may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Our copyrights are ours and we do not transfer license to them by allowing access or use by you. This Agreement does not grant you any right or license with respect to any such trade secrets, patents, trademarks, copyrights, or logos2FEB